Embark General and its Affiliates
Revised December 1, 2021
Embark General and its affiliates (“Embark”) value your privacy. This Privacy Statement will inform you about how we use and disclose information that we and our service providers collect from your visits to embarkgeneral.com, kingmga.com and other websites owned or operated by us (the “Websites”), through the software applications made available by us for use on or through computers and mobile devices (the “Apps”), through email messages that we send to you, and through information we collect about your social media usage (collectively, including the Websites and the Apps, the “Services”).
This Privacy Statement only applies to information collected through the Services. If you have purchased or applied for an insurance product from us, please also see our Privacy Statement for Individual U.S. Personal Insurance Customers, which applies to the information that we collect about policyholders and applicants, through the Services as well as any other medium. California customers should also review our California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure.
“Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual. Personal Information may in certain circumstances include such information as name, address, phone number, email address, credit history, social security number, driver’s license number, credit or debit card number, policy or claim information, automobile and home information, health information, and username and passwords for accounts. If you apply for a job or register with our career center, Personal Information may, in certain circumstances, also include information about your work and educational history, and other information you choose to provide in connection with your application.
If you submit any Personal Information relating to other people to us or to our service providers, you represent that you have the authority to do so and to permit us to use the information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
How We May Use Personal Information
We may use Personal Information:
- To provide a quote, underwrite and rate policies, respond to your inquiries, fulfill your requests, and complete your transactions
- To process claims
- To service your insurance
- To confirm or correct what we know about you
- To help us prevent fraud and other crimes
- To comply with applicable laws
- To perform research or send you surveys
- To send you information that we believe may be of interest to you
- To personalize your experience on the Services
- To facilitate social sharing functionality
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully.
- To allow you to send messages to a friend through the Services. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address.
- To inform you of job opportunities and to evaluate your suitability for a job
- To contact you at a telephone number you provide to us, including if the number is for a cell phone or other wireless device. We may contact you in person, by recorded message, by the use of automated dialing equipment, by text (SMS) message, or by any other means of communication your device is capable of receiving, as allowed by law and for reasonable business purposes, including to service your policy with us.
- For our business purposes.
- As otherwise allowed by law.
How Personal Information May Be Disclosed
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- Within the Embark family of companies.
- To third parties to help us manage or service our business. These third parties can include but are not limited to agents or brokers, other insurance companies, regulators, administrators, and service providers that provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, email delivery and other services.
- To insurance support organizations and consumer reporting agencies. Information that we share with these organizations, such as your claims history, may be retained by them and disclosed to others.
- To third parties so that they can market their products and services to you, if you have given us permission.
- By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages and blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (including, without limitation, our Social Media Pages). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information and may be available to users of the Services and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Services.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; (g) to detect and prevent fraud; and (h) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- As otherwise allowed by law.
Other Information We May Collect
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as:
- Browser and device information
- App usage data
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Physical location
- Demographic information and other information provided by you
- Aggregated information
How We May Collect Other Information
We and our third-party service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as an App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Through your use of the App: When you download and use an App, we and our service providers may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). An IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels of the Services, helping diagnose server problems, identifying the general location of the device, and administering the Services.
- Physical Location: We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- From you: Information such as your location, as well as other information, such as your preferred means of communication, is collected when you voluntarily provide this information. Unless combined with Personal Information, this information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services.
- By aggregating information: Aggregated Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services.
How We May Use and Disclose Other Information
Please note that we may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it as described in “How We May Collect Other Information” section above, as well as for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
Third Party Services
This Privacy Statement does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information, or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any site or service to which the Services link. The inclusion of a link on the Services does not imply endorsement of the linked site or service by us.
Third Party Advisors
We do not respond to any web browser “do not track” signals or other similar mechanisms. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags), which may allow them to collect information about your online activities over time and across different Web sites, including when you access and use the Services.
The Services are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we request that these individuals do not provide Personal Information through the Services.
Maintenance of the Services
The Services are maintained by us in the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States.
Safeguarding Personal Information
We seek to use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at 833-362-2751 or email@example.com.
Social Security Protection Policy Statement
Embark seeks to protect the confidentiality of social security numbers (SSNs) by maintaining physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards. We limit access to SSNs to help protect against their loss, misuse, or unlawful disclosure. We do not disclose SSNs to third parties except where required or permitted by law.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We may change this Privacy Statement at any time. Please look at the “Revised” legend at the top of this notice to see the date of the last revision. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on the Services. Your use of the Services following these changes means that you accept the revised Privacy Statement.
Privacy Statement for Individual U.S. Personal Insurance Consumers
Revised December 1, 2021
Your privacy is important to us. When we quote or sell an insurance policy to a person, we get information about the people and property that we’re insuring. This Privacy Notice describes the types of information about you (“personal information”) we collect, where we get it, and how we use, share and protect it. It applies to current and former Embark personal insurance customers in the United States.
A few key points include:
- We collect personal information from you, your agent, and from third parties.
- We will not share your personal information with others for their marketing purposes without your permission.
- We maintain safeguards designed to help prevent unauthorized use, access, and disclosure of personal information.
What type of information do we collect?
You give us most of what we need in the application process. To make sure what we have is correct, or to obtain additional information, we may need to check back with you. For example, you may be asked to give us more details in writing, via e-mail or over the phone. In addition, we may obtain other information, including but not limited to the following:
- Information from consumer reporting agencies and other insurance support organizations to the extent permitted by law. This may include items such as credit history, credit-based insurance score, driving record, accident, and motor vehicle conviction history, and claim history. Information given to us by an insurance support organization, including consumer reporting agencies, may be retained by them, and disclosed to others.
- Your past insurance history, including information about your policies and claims, from insurance support organizations or your former insurers.
- Information regarding your property. We may obtain this through third party reports and through a property inspection. We or an independent inspector may visit the property to inspect its condition, or we may use an unmanned aircraft system. We may obtain geospatial information and take pictures or video. If we need more details about the property, we may need to schedule an interior inspection.
- Information from government agencies or independent reporting companies.
- Other third-party data relating to the insured risk, such as possible drivers and vehicles associated with your household and odometer readings associated with any vehicle(s).
- In some instances, we may need to know about your health. For example, if we need to know whether a physical limitation will affect your ability to drive, we may ask for a statement from your doctor.
How do we use your personal information?
We use the personal information we collect to sell, underwrite, and rate, service and administer insurance; to handle claims; to create and market products and services; to prevent and detect fraud; to satisfy legal or regulatory requirements; and for other business purposes and as otherwise allowed by law.
Once you’re insured with us, we will retain details about your policy(ies). This may include, among other things, bill payment, transaction or claim history and details, as well as other information.
When you give us a telephone number, you consent to being contacted at that number, including if the number is for a cell phone or other wireless device. We may contact you in person, by recorded message, by the use of automated dialing equipment, by text (SMS) message, or by any other means your device is capable of receiving, to the extent permitted by law and for reasonable business purposes, including to service your policy or alert you to other relevant information.
How do we share your personal information?
We do not give or sell your personal information to nonaffiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes without your prior consent.
We may give the personal information we collect to others to help us conduct, manage, or service our business. When we do, we require them to use it only for the reasons we gave it to them. We may give, without your past permission and to the extent permitted by law, personal information about you to certain persons or organizations such as: your agent or insurance representative; our affiliated property and casualty insurance companies; independent claim adjusters or investigators; persons or organizations that conduct research; insurance support organizations (including consumer reporting agencies); third party service providers; another insurer; law enforcement; state insurance departments or other governmental or regulatory agencies; or as otherwise required or permitted by law. Information we share with insurance support organizations, such as your claims history, may be retained by them and disclosed to others
We may also share your personal information: to comply with legal process; to address suspected fraud or other illegal activities; or to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of you or others.
How do we protect your personal information?
We maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards designed to help protect personal information. For example, we limit access to personal information and require those who have access to use it only for legitimate business purposes.
How can I review and correct the personal information you have about me?
If you have questions about what personal information we maintain about you, please make your request in writing and include your full name, mailing address, phone number and policy number. When we receive your written request, we will respond within thirty (30) business days. We will describe the personal information we maintain, whom we know we’ve shared it with in the last two (2) years, and how you may request a correction, if necessary. If we requested a consumer report, we would tell you the name and address of the consumer reporting agency.
You may also see and copy the information we have, except for certain documents about claims and lawsuits. If you believe our information is incorrect, let us know in writing. We will review it, and, if we agree, we will correct it, notify you, and send a correction letter to anyone who received the original information. If we do not agree, you are allowed to file a letter with your comments.
For questions about the right of access or correction to your information, please write to: Embark General Insurance Agency, LLC, P.O. Box 502248, Sandy Springs, GA 31150.
This notice is given by Embark and its affiliates.
This notice may be amended at any time. The most current version will be posted on Embarkgeneral.com and its affiliates websites including Kingmga.com.
California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure
Last Updated: December 1, 2021
Embark General, King Insurance and its affiliates (collectively, “Embark or King,” “we,” or “us”) value your privacy. This California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure explains how we collect, use, and disclose personal information relating to California residents, pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Personal Information
Under the CCPA, “Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, or could reasonably be linked directly or indirectly with a particular California resident or household. The following describes how we collect, use, and disclose Personal Information relating to California residents who are not our Consumer Customers, based on the types of Personal Information listed in the CCPA.
We collect Personal Information relating to California residents in a variety of contexts, including, for example, collecting Personal Information relating to individuals who request or obtain our products or services, apply for employment with us or are our employees, vendors, contractors, or similar personnel, and who visit our locations or facilities. The specific Personal Information that we collect, use, and disclose relating to a California resident will depend on our relationship or interaction with that specific California resident.
In the past 12 months, we may have collected the following types of Personal Information relating to California residents who are not our Consumer Customers:
- Identifiers, such as name and government-issued identifier (g., Social Security number).
- Personal information, as defined in the California disposal of records law, such as contact information, financial information, and medical information.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, such as sex and marital status;
- Commercial information, such as transaction information and purchase history;
- Biometric information, such as fingerprints or facial biometrics, for certain employees with access to restricted areas;
- Internet or network activity information;
- Geolocation data;
- Audio, electronic, visual, and similar information, such as call recordings;
- Professional or employment-related information, such as work history and prior employer;
- Education information; and
- Inferences drawn from any of the Personal Information listed above to create a profile about, for example, an individual’s preferences and characteristics.
The purposes for which we use this Personal Information depend on our relationship or interaction with a specific California resident. We may use this information in order to operate, manage, and maintain our business, provide our products and services, for our employment and vendor management purposes, and to accomplish our business purposes and objectives, including, for example, providing quotes, underwriting and rating policies; responding to inquiries, fulfilling requests, completing transactions and otherwise servicing insurance policies; investigating and processing claims; personalizing or developing products and services; marketing; research and data analysis; risk and security control; fraud detection and prevention; identity verification; determining eligibility for an employment or other relationship with us; paying compensation and administering benefits; managing performance and other aspects of your relationship with us; accounting, audit, and other internal functions, such as internal investigations; maintaining our facilities and infrastructure; compliance with law, legal process, and internal policies; record keeping; and exercising and defending legal claims.
In the past 12 months, we may have disclosed the following categories of Personal Information relating to California residents who are not our Consumer Customers to third parties for our business purposes:
- Personal information, as defined in the California disposal of records law;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law;
- Commercial information;
- Biometric information;
- Internet or network activity information;
- Geolocation data;
- Audio, electronic, visual, and similar information;
- Professional or employment-related information;
- Education information; and
- Inferences drawn from other Personal Information.
In the past 12 months, we have not sold Personal Information relating to California residents who are not our Consumer Customers. For purposes of this Disclosure, “sold” means the disclosure of Personal Information for monetary or other valuable consideration as defined in the CCPA.
Requests Under the CCPA
If you are a California resident, you may request that we:
- Disclose to you the following information covering the 12 months preceding your request:
- the categories of Personal Information we collected about you and the categories of sources from which we collected such Personal Information;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting Personal Information about you;
- the categories of third parties with whom the business shares Personal Information;
- the categories of Personal Information about you that we disclosed to third parties for a business purpose and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed the Personal Information; and
- the specific pieces of Personal Information we collected about you; and
- Delete Personal Information we collected from you (if applicable).
In some instances, we may not be required to honor your request where a CCPA exception applies, such as where the disclosure of Personal Information would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of other individuals or if you are a Consumer Customer.
You have the right to be free from unlawful discrimination for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
How to Make Requests
If you are a California resident, you may make a request described above using any of the following methods:
- Write to:
Embark General Insurance Agency, LLC
P.O. Box 502248
Sandy Springs, GA 31150
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call 833-362-2751
When making a request, you will need to provide certain identifying information to allow us to verify the request and locate your information.
Changes to This California Consumer Privacy Act Disclosure
We may change or update this Disclosure from time to time. When we do, we will post the revised Disclosure on this page with a new “Last Updated” date.
Other Important Information
Residents of Nevada: Nevada law requires us to disclose that you may elect to be placed on our internal “do not call” list should you wish not to receive marketing calls from Embark or its affiliates. If you have already been placed on our internal “do not call” list please disregard this notice. You may request to be placed on Embark and its affiliates internal “do not call” list by:
- Contacting your agent, or
- Writing to us at Embark General Insurance Agency, LLC, O. Box 502248, Sandy Springs, GA 31150
Please provide us with your name, address, and all telephone numbers you wish to be placed on our list. If you have questions about Nevada law regarding “do not call”, please contact us at the address listed above, or you may contact the Nevada Attorney General at:
Office of the Nevada Attorney General
Bureau of Consumer Protection
555 E. Washington Avenue; Suite 3900
Las Vegas, NV 89101